Saturday, October 25, 2008

First year canner.





This was my first year canning. I loved it!!! I realy wasn't sure how to do it. I asked a couple of the seasoned sisters at church and they gave me a idea but, I wanted to view it being done. I went to the internet for help and came across the Granny Miller blogspot. She had a you tube video on canning tomatos. Wonderful explanations!! I have enjoyed canning so much this year, im looking forward to it next. We didn't get much rain this year, so my garden didn't do as well as id of liked. I yielded about 23 jars all together. The grannymiller.blogspot.com site was a blessing for me. I have enjoyed following it. I believe she needs us to pray for her so say one for her before you go to bed. As for my canning, I can hardly wait until next year, im gonna double my garden and can my butt off!

1 comment:

Heathahlee said...

I just know that if I attempt canning my cans will explode like Bing Crosby's do in "Holiday Inn." : )

Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog!