Monday, October 5, 2009

Sweet Aunt Josie and Uncle Bob


This is a picture of my husbands great aunt and uncle. How cute are they??? :)
Uncle Bob went to be with the Lord about a month ago. But, his life was filled with so much joy! Believe it or not, he was a heavy weight boxer back in his day, you should have heard all his storys, the famous boxers he went rounds with.. the fight he lost, the owns he won. Its funny because even though it was back in his spring chicken years, u couldnt walk upon him without him jumping and ready to swing on you..lol. He was a wonderful man! I will miss him.
Aunt Josie.... she is the most sweetest woman I have ever been blessed enough to met! She is 88 a only about 5 foot tall. Boy now she has some storys! My husband and I will go to visit her and just liston... She grow up in the hills of VA. She tells the story of the first radio she ever heard.. oh how she wanted to hear the music come out of it.. shed tell of a time where you only slaughterd your hogs around fall and salt them because there was no freezers around.. How on Sundays after church her and her family would go for a walk in the woods and explore. How a girl was raised to never let a man see passed your knee.. she says that even when she was a mother herself when shed take her kids swimming in the creek, shed wear biboveralls so her boys wouldnt see her knees. How differant was that?? I could liston for hours all her wonderful memorys on growing up. I didnt grow up in that time but.. even though things was rough and times was hard, familys stuck together and values was taught. People wasn't afraid to talk about God or Jesus.. They made him dwell in their hearts. Maybe more people need to get back to the basics and back to the book.. :) anyhow,, aunt Josie has realy been taking the lost of her husband hard. You see the pain in her eyes. She just keeps saying.. it was Gods will and Bob isn't in pain anymore.
I love her and im so glad we are a part of her life.. she always tell me.. Amy, I love you like your my own.. I am blessed to be able to see her so much, she goes to our church and is a faithful woman of God.. strong in faith! A prayer warrior. I sit beside her twice on sunday and then again on wed. If church is open.. shes there. Her brother was a preacher and even though I never got to hear him preach I heared he was wonderful. He passed away about 16 years ago.. got hit by a car while walking to church.
Well even though shes not my aunt shes my husbands.. I love her like my grandma. She will alway have a place in my heart...
well I better go to bed.. its late and im tired!
God Bless....Amy Jo

1 comment:

Mary L. Briggs said...

What a sweet story about Bob and Josie. They sound like such a blessing to your lives! I can just imagine how hard it must be for her now that Bob has gone home.

Amy, thank you so much for coming to my blog. I think that muscadines (musky-dines)grow only in the south. They are sort of a 'poor man's' grape~but they taste great! Your Aunt Josie may know what they are as I think they grown in WV~she may call them scuppernongs.